Tuesday, March 4, 2014

Welcome to the World Little One….




Kallen Christopher Hinton was welcomed into this world on February 3, 2014 after 25 hours of long and hard labor. 

It all started on Sunday the 2nd, which was Kallen's actual due date, but he was just too comfortable in there and wasn't coming out on his own! We decided to go forward with and induction because my mom was in town to help and could only stay for a short 2 weeks and we needed her help for as long as we could have it! So on Sunday night I was started on the medicine to get labor going. Sunday night was pretty relaxed, we watched the Superbowl and tried to move around and bounce on the labor ball to help things along. 

By 5 am Monday morning I was still only dilated to a 2….my body was taking it's sweet time! That is when they started the pitocin to get contractions started….and boy did it start them! Around 8 am the dr came in a broke my water and that is when I started to get really uncomfortable. The horrible  great thing about pitocin is that it puts you right into hard labor, your body doesn't really get to progress into the hard contractions. Needless to say I got my epidural pretty quick, I was throwing up with EVERY contraction. I give some serious props to the women that are able to endure child birth without any pain control….they are seriously super humans! 

Finally at about 4 pm (yes, it took all day) I was finally a 10! But Kallen was still taking his time coming down the birth canal, so even though my body wanted to push I had to wait. The dr kept coming in to check me and every time she said I had to continue to "labor down" I just wanted to poke her in the eye! It was the longest hour of my life waiting for him to descend. Finally around 5 pm I was able to began pushing. It was such a relief to finally have something to focus on through each contraction. I pushed and pushed while we waited for the dr to come in…she wasn't in a super hurry since it had taken so long for him to descend. But once he was crowning, he about flew right out! Just one more push was all it took! The dr only had time to get one glove on before she caught him!! 


I was so grateful to have my mom and Chris in the delivery room with me. I couldn't have done it without either of them and their amazing support and coaching. Aunty Brook and Grandma and Papa Hinton were also there at the hospital with us and were able to meet Kallen just a few minutes after birth 

 He has come into our world and turned it completely upside down! 

No comments:

Post a Comment